Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Google and Sun

So the President of Sun Microsystems writes on his blog that "If I were a betting man, I'd bet the world was about to change" This is in relation to a joint press conference with Sun and Google, at the Computer History Museum. Yep, this should be huge.

So what transpires? Google and Sun will be entering into a partnership and their first baby is...the ability to download the Google ToolBar from Sun's download centre, and similarly with Java when people download the Google ToolBar.

That was the singly most underwhelming press conference ever, even more so considering the grand statements and venue.
There was talk about future collaboration, etc, but I have my doubts as to what this will achieve. If I was a betting man, I wouldn't bet on Sun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home