Saturday, October 22, 2005

More on Flock

Another South African, Kilps, responded to my last article saying that he had a small review of Flock at his blog. There are also a couple of bugs and annoyances that he points out that are worth noting.

It looks like Flock is getting a lot of attention, with 'Flock' being one of the most searched terms on technorati. It will be intersting to see if the market can absorb another Web Browser, or if they will fade away like many other Web Browsers that had a new idea, yet never gained popularity.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am using it right now but it is rather crap even for a developers preview.

The theme is nice.

The original charter of the Flock chaps as "Round Two" back then was to develop some security and other extensions to FireFox.

Then a Venture Capitalist waved some money in their direction and combined with this whole Web 2.0 mania sweeping up everybody they decided to gut FireFox and develop a "social" browser.

It is a poor blogging tool and poor picture viewer.

It is like 1999 all over again.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Joel Basson (JStrike) said...

Interesting info.
I installed it on my work PC, and I must admit, it didn't do much for me.
I don't think we will see much more from Flock

5:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huge fan of firefox. Can't see another browser shaking my attention away. One wonders if Flock is going to end up like the feature laden but totally useless netscape 6 ?

12:02 AM  
Blogger Joel Basson (JStrike) said...

grandMasterkrus : The Netscape thing is exactly what I was thinking :-)

12:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home